Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nimoyday

Today marks the 82nd birthday of actor Leonard Nimoy, the first, best and only Spock. Without Star Trek, I wouldn't be the guy I am today, and without Nimoy's Spock, there wouldn't have been a Star Trek - at least not the one we know today. As I've said before, in the mid-90s, I had the great honor to collaborate with Mr. Nimoy ("Call me Leonard.") on a comic book project, and it's one of my most treasured personal & professional memories. Happy birthday, sir!

6 comments:

  1. Christopher, I'd love it if you could elaborate on your story some more. I'm very interested to hear about the project that you worked on with him. That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written about it here before, so rather than go into it all again, here's a link to the relevant page of my bibliography on my website: Leonard Nimoy's Primortals

      Delete
    2. That was really cool! Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  2. I got to see Nimoy speak in in Odessa, Tx. Oddly enough he spoke as a guest speaker when they opened the new gym at the Junior College campus to a packed house as you would imagine. He was charming and charismatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To celebrate ones date of birth is highly illogical...

    \well damn the logic - Happy Birth Day, Mr. Nimoy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best video reflecting his coolness is still available to watch..:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULOjT9GYdQ

    Spock could never be any cooler.

    ReplyDelete